When it comes to skin cancer, prevention is key. We recommend the following precautionary measures to include to your daily habits: staying covered up with hats, shirts, and sunglasses, slathering on sunscreen, and avoid using tanning beds. However, the skin cancer you get today is from the exposure you had in your past. Everyone needs a professional skin check, at least annually.
If you are not convinced yet, here are some reasons why you need to make that appointment today.
- Because you only used Sun-In and baby oil when you were younger;
- You thought, you needed to burn first, so you could have a base layer tan;
- Because tanning beds are to skin cancer as cigarettes are to lung cancer;
- Because a tan is not healthy, it is a sign of skin damage;
- Because detecting melanoma early CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE and you have people who love and depend on you.
More than 2 million people are diagnosed with skin cancers each year.
Contact Village Dermatology & Cosmetic Surgery at 352-751-6565 and schedule your professional full skin examination with our trained and certified providers.